Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Can we Fight the Animals.........???

I had gone to local Vegetable market and was walking back to my home which is in one of the area in South Delhi. I had covered some distance and was mid way to my home when suddenly i heard a Scream of a small Kid. At first i did not realize and then suddenly there was continuous scream and then i realized that some kid is in trouble. I started looking and on the other side of the Road i saw 2 kids one was surrounded by 4 - 5 street Dogs, approaching him dangerously. I was startled and was looking to go near the kids to save the kids from being bitten by the Dogs. I knew it would take me some time to reach the kids and i would have to be very quick to save them. Suddenly i heard few voices shouting and shoving the dogs, it was 3 - 4 ladies who had also heard the scream passing by and were on the same side. They had come back hearing the scream to help the kids. To my relief they had chased the dogs away and the kids were safe and had entered there colony gates. Those ladies did not seem to be very educated or financially from very good families as i could make out from their dresses and appearance. They looked like to be maids or odd job workers from the neighborhood. I was filled with appreciation and respect for them.

Ironically i had witnessed a very different incident before reaching the vegetable market. I had just reached my colony's gate and crossing the gate when i suddenly realized that a vehicle (Inova) was approaching with lot of speed. Before i could understand anything it came to screeching halt in front of an auto few paces away from the gate and me. Stunned and astonished as to why the person was driving so fast on the crowded service road near the colony. It had almost hit the auto which was loaded with passenger and the mishap could have led to many causalities. In between before i could collect all my thoughts the driver of the Innova Car had got out abusing and to everyone's amazement slapped and kicked the auto driver. I was anguished and angered. I approached towards the Car driver so did the Security guards from my colony but by the time the Car driver had come back to his car and seeded away. Even the auto driver and the passengers inside could not react properly.    

I was disturbed because of the incident in the evening and it was going through my mind again and again and deep in my heart i wanted to slap that Car driver. When i encountered the other incident was automatically driven in the thoughts of how easy it is to fight the animal? The animals on the street bit easy but the animal inside the Human mind and heart? I don't know. Are people strong enough to fight with human animal? If we all had the courage then no "Nirbhay" would have suffered. The Five year old Kid would have been found before the Torture she went through. It is not that Human Animals don't win or can be tamed all through but even they would have know fear. They would have known there are People who can fight them. Many battles would had been won and many would not have suffered as they have just because of our cowardliness.
     

2 comments: